Retired Justice Janie Shores (D), presenting Circuit Judge Gloria Bahakel (R), with an award recognizing and honoring her for her contributions to the judiciary, the legal profession and the community.
Former Circuit Court Trial Judge Gloria Bahakel, is the MOST QUALIFIED, MOST EXPERIENCED and MOST CAPABLE person to serve the citizens of Jefferson County as their next Circuit Court Trial Judge. She is running for an open judicial seat, Place 26, in the Criminal Division, this election cycle. Gloria Bahakel, previously served as a Circuit Court Trial Judge, in the Criminal Division, for 12+ years, and handled thousands of courtroom cases, including civil cases and complex jury trials. She served the citizens of Jefferson County with honor and distinction and her judicial record was exemplary. She respectfully asks for your vote and support in the Jefferson County-Wide General Election in November.
(THIS IS NOT A DISTRICT RACE – IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE IN JEFFERSON COUNTY – YOU CAN VOTE FOR GLORIA BAHAKEL)
- 12+ Years Judicial Experience as a Circuit Court Trial Judge, in the Criminal Division
- Appointed by the Alabama Supreme Court to serve as a Special Circuit Court Trial Judge, in the Criminal Division, prior to being elected to the bench full-time
- Received Judicial Training at the Alabama Judicial College for both Civil and Criminal Court Cases
- Handled over 10,000 Courtroom Cases, including Complex Jury Trials
- Award-Winning Trial Judge, with an Exemplary Record
- Ranked in the Top Percentile of Judges Statewide with the Highest Affirmance Rate on Appealed Jury Trial Cases (i.e.) those cases were not reversed on appeal
- Commended by Appeals Courts, on numerous occasions, for writing well-written and detailed orders, which orders were adopted by those courts and used verbatim in their legal opinions
- Served on Judicial Panels that handled appealed Civil Cases
- Legal Educator for both Judges and Lawyers
- Praised by Jurors for the competent and professional manner in which the courtroom was run and jury trials were conducted
- Endorsed and supported by our Law Enforcement Community, Judges, Prosecutors, Lawyers and Citizens across the State
- Practiced law for 15 years
- Lifelong conservative and Birmingham resident